Forspoken is set to release for PS5 and PC on May 24. It stars Frey, a young woman in modern-day New York who finds herself transported to Athia, a land of magic and danger. Accompanied by a talking bracelet that has appeared on her arm, she sets off on a journey to find her way back home.
You can preorder Forspoken right now from a variety of retailers. It's available in two editions and, depending on where you get it, you may get a preorder bonus. We have all the details about all of that below. Let’s get to it.
- Get it at Amazon – $69.99
- Get it at Best Buy – $69.99
- Get it at GameStop – $69.99
- Get it on PS Store (digital) – $69.99
The standard edition of Forspoken comes with the game itself, plus any applicable preorder bonuses (see below).
Forspoken Digital Deluxe Edition
- Get it on PS Store – $94.99
The digital deluxe edition of Forspoken includes the game itself, along with the following:
- Forspoken Mini Artbook (digital download)
- Forspoken Mini Soundtrack (digital download)
- Prequel Story DLC "Forspoken: In Tanta We Trust" (coming winter 2022)
- Prequel Story DLC Early Access
Forspoken Preorder Bonus
Preorder Forspoken on Steam, and you’ll receive the following items:
- Best Buy: Free steelbook case
- PS Store: No Limits Cloak, Symbol Combo Necklace, Trigger Happy Nails, Crafting Starter Kit
- Steam: Elite Cloak, Spectra Combo Necklace, and Overclock Nails
What is Forspoken?
Forspoken follows Frey on her journey to find her way from the mysterious land of Athia back home to New York City. While Athia was once a land of great beauty, it has been transformed by a terrible blight that has turned most of the people and animals into beasts and monsters. It’s ruled by four leaders called Tantas that have also been transformed by the Break.
Your job is to traverse the four realms of Athia, fighting on behalf of the people who have yet to be affected by the encroaching blight. Frey has access to an array of spells you can customize to your own liking. She also has magic-enhanced agility that lets her do all kinds of parkour-style moves to navigate quickly and gracefully through the world. It looks pretty impressive. You can read more about it in our Forspoken preview.
Other Preorder Guides
Chris Reed is a deals expert and commerce editor for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed.